October 20 through December 15
Tuesdays at 6:30pm
Join us for a series of weekly presentations featuring topics for self-advocates, caregivers, and professionals, providing valuable information and resources to support you, your family, and your clients with autism.
Dr. Jed Baker will present our Opening Keynote: Managing Overwhelming Frustration and Anxiety in the New Normal.
Morénike Giwa Onaiwu will present our Closing Keynote: Chaotic Yet Symbiotic: Finding, Embracing, and Being the Real You.
Weekly presentations will include:
- The Intersection of Autism and Transgender, Gender Nonbinary, and Gender Diverse Identities, Dr. John Strang
- Interoception, The Eighth Sensory System: Impact on Self-Regulation, Behavior, Mental Health & Social Connection, Dr. Kelly Mahler
- Supporting Online Learning for Students with Autism, Dr. Kara Hume
- Autism and Co-Occurring Mental Health Conditions, Dr. Micah Mazurek
- An Examined Life: Disability Policy, Autism Research, and Me, Gyasi Burks-Abbott
- Unlocking Autism Spectrum Disorder in Females, Dr. Erica Rouch
- Autism in Heels, Jennifer Cook (formerly Cook O’Toole)
- Past, Present, and Future of Community Services, Heather Norton
PEATC will offer Individual IEP Consultations on Saturday, 11/21, and the ASCV will offer 1:1 Waiver Mentor Meetings with our Information & Referral Specialist and Virginia Medicaid Waiver Mentor, Bradford Hulcher on Wednesday, 12/9. An On-Demand Exhibitor Fair and Additional Recorded Presentations will offer access to our exhibitors and sessions at your convenience.
The Registration Fee covers all 9 presentations, plus bonus on-demand sessions.
All registrations from this spring will be transferred at no additional cost.
ASCV Member: $50
Non-ASCV Member: $75
Registration + ASCV Membership: $90
See the agenda for the Conference Series below. All registered attendees will receive an email inviting them to join Sched and customize their own Conference Series schedule!