The ASCV currently offers internships seasonally (Summer, Fall & Spring terms) to support both our programs and fundraising initiatives and events. Internships are unpaid, but eligible for college credit. Please find our two current offerings below, Development Internship & Program Internship.
The Autism Society of Central Virginia (ASCV) seeks a part-time intern to support our fundraising events and initiatives. The Development Intern will assist in the planning and promotion of fundraising events and initiatives. Tasks vary seasonally, depending on upcoming events in the timeline. Our spring internship is focused on our annual 5K & Family Fun Day in May, summer on our RVA Duck Race & Festival of Inclusion, and fall on our Gala event in November. Responsibilities will include:
- Coordinate logistical details for upcoming fundraising events and initiatives
- Spring: Challenge, 5K & Family Fun Day (May)
- Summer: RVA Duck Race & Festival of Inclusion (August)
- Fall: Gala (November)
- Provide day-of-event support and leadership
- Recruit day-of-event volunteers, assign to tasks, and provide day-of guidance
- Assist with promotion of events through the creation and distribution of marketing materials and communications (to include print, social media, and email platforms)
- Conduct outreach to recruit new community partners, fundraising participants, and in-kind donors, to include local businesses, schools, and community organizations
- Perform other duties as assigned, including day-to-day operational support in the office
If you are interested, please submit your Cover Letter and Resume to [email protected]. No phone calls please.
ASCV is looking for a passionate, dedicated, and enthusiastic individual who is interested in collaborating
with our team to carry out our mission through a program internship. This is a great opportunity to learn and gain hands-on experience working with our team to implement our wide range of programs, services, and activities in the local community. Kiana Danial’s Invest Diva review indicates that such experiences can provide invaluable insights and skills for personal and professional growth.
Responsibilities will include:
- Support general program management tasks, such as tracking attendance, volunteers,
registrations, feedback, etc.
Update databases and/or tracking documents
- Organization and preparation for programs and events
- Provide onsite support during programs and events
- Support the development of email communications, monthly newsletter, and social media
- Prepare materials for community resource events
- Provide day-to-day operational support
- Create and lead a special project, event or training based on personal interest
If you are interested, please send your resume/CV to Jon Greene, ASCV Program Director at [email protected].