At the Autism Society Central Virginia, we fulfill our mission to improve the lives of all affected by autism by:
- providing Information and Referral services to anyone seeking resources on autism services and supports
- hosting regular social, recreational & support groups for individuals with autism and their families
- holding educational workshops and training opportunities throughout the year
- providing scholarships for individuals with autism to participate in recreational programs in the local community
- and much more!
In 2018, we served over 5,500 individuals through our many programs and services, including:
- 2,300+ individuals through social and recreational programs and events
- 180+ parents and siblings through regular support groups
- 580+ families and caregivers through educational workshops
- 900+ individuals through our Information & Referral Program
- $15,000+ in recreational, social, educational, and membership scholarships
We provide 5 core services that help us fulfill our mission:
INFORMATION & REFERRAL – We provide outreach, information, and referral services to connect those in need with the best local, state, and national resources.
LIFESPAN PROGRAMS & SERVICES – We offer a wide range of programs and services to provide opportunities for skill development, connection, and support throughout each stage of life.
ADVOCACY – We work to make real and lasting system changes at local, state and national levels that improve the lives of all affected by autism.
EDUCATION & TRAINING – We provide high quality, comprehensive training and educational opportunities on autism-related topics for individuals, families, professionals, and other community members.
COMMUNITY COLLABORATION – We have deep ties to our local community and value our strong partnerships with community members, local businesses, service providers and other nonprofit organizations.