The following research studies are not sponsored by the Autism Society Central Virginia. They are provided for informational purposes and should not necessarily be considered an endorsement by the ASCV. Please click on the blue link below to find out more about each research study.
- Emory University Research Study on How Adults with an Autism Spectrum Disorder or Anxiety Disorder Diagnosis Experience Pain
- Loyola University Chicago Research Study on Understanding Physical Activity Habits in Adults with or without Autism Spectrum Disorder
- George Washington University Research Study on Workplace and Interview Disclosure Strategies for Adults with Autism Spectrum Disorder
- Drexel Autism Institute Research Study on Employment Supports for Young Adults with ASD
- University of Notre Dame Research Study on Improving Families’ Conflict and Communication Strategies
- TCU Families, Autism, and Child Emotion Studies (FACES) Lab Research Study on Black Parent’s Experience with Autism- please email [email protected] for a personalized link to the study
- LaSalle University Research Study Camouflaging and Quality of Life in Autistic Adults
- University of Virginia Research Study on Parent-Child Brain Synchrony in Autism Spectrum Disorders
- Virginia Tech Research Study on Telehealth Support for Parents of Children with Autism. Please email [email protected] for more information.
- Virginia Tech Research Study on Adolescents with ADHD. Please email [email protected] for more information.
- VCU College of Health Professions Occupational Therapy Research Study- Comparing Measures of Sensory Sensitivity in Occupational Therapy and Psychology
- The Virginia Tech Autism Clinic & Center for Autism Research (VTCAR) is recruiting for a study for parents of children with Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD) and behavioral difficulties. Interested families are invited to contact Angela Dahiya at [email protected] or call us at (540) 315-3273.
- University of Maryland Research Study Exploring the Development of Children who Have Autism, Particularly During Social Interaction
- Binghamton University Autism Lab Research Study on the Bullying Experiences of Neurodivergent Youth During the COVID-19 Pandemic
- Cleveland Clinic Research Study on Telehealth Help for Sleep in Young Children with Autism–
if interested, please contact [email protected] or call us at 216-448-6392.
- Boston University Research Study on Inclusive Special Education Remote Instruction
- Drexel Autism Institute Research Study on Team Trestle, an Application for Transition Planning and Coordination for Teens & Young Adults
- Tufts University Crehan Lab Research Study on Sex Education for Teens with ASD. Please contact [email protected] for more information.
- The Autism Institute at Drexel University is seeking parents/caregivers OR preschool/daycare providers of autistic children aged 24-60 months who have trouble speaking and use a communication tool (i.e., PECS, AAC device) in order to better understand the use of communication tools
- University of Michigan Research Study: Perceptions and experiences of stigma among Indian parents of children with autism spectrum disorder
- The Virginia Tech Autism Clinic & Center for Autism Research (VTAC/CAR) wants to learn about how the COVID-19 pandemic has impacted school-based services for individuals with Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD). Contact our research team at [email protected] or 540-231-8747 to learn more!
- University of Maryland Research Study on the development of children ages 8-12 with Autism Spectrum Disorder
- George Washington Autism & Neurodevelopmental Disorders Institute Research Study on Automated Social Cognition & Imitation Screener for Infants with Autism
- University of Virginia’s Supporting Transformative Autism Research Project on Behavioral Activation for Treatment of Depression in Adolescents with Autism Spectrum Disorder
- Berkeley Haas Scholars Research Study: The Autistic Experience of Awe: Can Awe Become a Tool of the Autistic Coping Toolbox
- Boston University researchers are recruiting parents and high school students with autism to participate in an autism study. They are looking for students on the autism spectrum who anticipate graduating with a regular high school diploma.
- UVA Autism Drive- Behavioral Activation for Treatment of Depression in Adolescents with Autism Spectrum Disorder: A Pilot Study
If you are interested in posting a research study with the ASCV, please contact us