As a partner of the Autism Society of Central Virginia, you are supporting a local organization that provides critical programs, services, and support right here in Central Virginia. We have a large and loyal following made up of individuals with autism, family members, friends, and professionals, and our partners receive recognition and exposure to thousands of community members.
Through our events and programs, corporate partners gain opportunities for employees to have meaningful engagement.
Engagement Opportunities with the Autism Society of Central Virginia
We are proud to provide local organizations and companies with high-quality, comprehensive training about autism and how to best support and include autistic people and their caregivers in their settings. Partners receive expertise, training, and resources from local professionals, individuals with autism, and family members, tailored specifically to their organizational needs.
In these sessions, participants will learn about the defining characteristics of autism, variability and presentation of behaviors associated with autism, the value of neurodiversity in the workplace, strategies for allyship, and additional resources for more information.
The ASCV can further focus on specific areas and topics around neurodiversity and the work of ASCV, for example:
- Characteristics of autistic individuals (e.g. strengths, social differences, communication differences, sensory differences)
- Autism and Executive Functioning
- Tips on How to be an Effective Ally
- Information for People who Manage, or are Managed by Autistic People
- The Benefits of Having a Neurodiverse Workforce
- Information about the ASCV
- Autism Prevalence Rates
- Characteristics Associated with Autism
- Co-Occurring Conditions – with an emphasis on mental health
- Important Things to Keep in Mind While Talking about Autis
Autism Acceptance Month, recognized in April, is an important time to make everyone feel accepted and supported. Autism is the fastest-growing developmental disability and touches a vast majority of our family, friends, and neighbors either through relationships or direct connection. Corporations have increasingly acknowledged that they can play a critical role in creating a more accepting and inclusive culture for individuals with autism, among other developmental disabilities and physical differences. Throughout the year, the ASCV can provide resources, seminars and training sessions to build awareness about neurodiversity in the workplace and offer resources to local companies and community partners throughout the month of April and beyond (see Education and Training to view a selection of our offerings).
The ASCV has numerous opportunities for employees and Employee Resource Groups to engage with our organization and our local autism community. From training and Lunch & Learn opportunities to volunteering for our programs and events, there is something for everyone on your team! The ASCV also provides leadership opportunities for employees who are looking to enhance their philanthropic engagement.
Fundraising and Community Events offer employee teams the opportunity to build camaraderie and have fun!
ASCV 5K & Family Fun Day
RVA Duck Race & Festival of Inclusion
A Toast to the Autism Community Gala
Join us for the celebration, featuring our 5K run/walk, Resource Fair, entertainment, and family fun. Registration will open in early 2024.
- Create/join a corporate team and raise funds for the ASCV! Recruit team members, including family, friends, colleagues, and clients.
- Sponsor the 5K
Don’t miss the spectacle of 17,000 rubber ducks dropping into the canal to kick off the race! The heart of the event is the Festival of Inclusion, Richmond’s first sensory-friendly festival, with 50 community partners hosting fun, engaging activities for the whole family.
- Promote duck sales: set up tables at the office, promote in emails and newsletters. Volunteer at the Festival of Inclusion and promote team-building
- Sponsor the RVA Duck Race & Festival of Inclusion
Join us for a celebratory evening at the Science Museum of Virginia as we look back over the year and present our annual ASCV Mission Awards. The evening features a cocktail hour, silent and live auction, seated dinner, dancing and more.
- Dress up and enjoy a fun evening with friends and colleagues
- Sponsor the Gala
- Volunteer at ASCV’s regular programming, including monthly bowling, Respite Nights and LEGO programs, and more
- Volunteer at ASCV’s annual programming, including our Spring & Summer Break Camps, member events, and more.
- Volunteer at ASCV Special Events, including the 5K & Family Fun Day, RVA Duck Race & Festival of Inclusion, and more.