Third Party Fundraisers
Thank you for your interest in the Autism Society of Central Virginia (ASCV). Each year, we receive many requests to hold a promotion, event, or sale (Third Party Fundraiser) to benefit the organization. A Third-Party Fundraiser is defined as any activity by a non-affiliated group or individual where the Autism Society of Central Virginia has no fiduciary responsibility and little or no staff involvement. We are grateful for dollars raised through such events; they help our organization continue to live up to our mission of supporting, empowering, and building connections to improve the lives of all in our local autism community.
We have developed criteria for participation and we carefully review each proposal received. Before an individual, company, or organization may proceed with a fundraiser which advertises its intention to benefit our organization, a proposal must be completed and returned to our office at least three weeks prior to the scheduled event.
If you plan for an event that will benefit the ASCV, please follow these simple guidelines:
1. Complete and submit the online third party registration form and submit it to us a minimum of three (3) weeks prior to the scheduled event date. All events must be approved in advance.
2. We will review your plan and contact you within approximately seven (7) business days. While we can provide guidance and program material for your event, (collection canisters, informational materials promoting the organization, its programs and services), we do not have the personnel to handle the organizational and administrative tasks associated with third party events. Therefore, you are responsible for all details of the event including underwriting all the related costs; recruiting volunteers to help at the event; creating marketing collateral to publicize the event; and working at the actual event. Due to our limited personnel and representatives, we cannot personally participate in each event, but will do our best to be present when possible and assist in promotional efforts when possible.
3. The Autism Society of Central Virginia name may not be used in any way without written approval. The official logo may not be used without prior written approval from our office. The ASCV’s name, logo and/or letterhead may not be used by any individual or organization to solicit prizes, sponsorship, underwriting, or cash donations from another organization in order to support the event, promotion or sale unless by agreement with the ASCV. In addition, the ASCV will not solicit prizes for your event.
4. Contributions to the ASCV are tax-deductible, less the value of goods and services received. This must be stated on the event invitation. Only contributions made directly to the ASCV are tax-deductible; services and items donated to your event are not tax-deductible.
5. ASCV cannot guarantee media coverage. You may contact the media about your event or promotion provided you communicate with the ASCV for pre-approval of materials. The ASCV does not purchase advertising to promote third-party events.
6. Event organizers are responsible for obtaining all permits, especially those for raffles and/or games of chance.
7. Event organizers must obtain their own liability insurance to cover the event. ASCV is not financially liable for the promotion and/or staging of third-party events.
8. Event organizers are responsible for processing all revenue and expenses. The ASCV is unable to incur any expenses on behalf of a third party event. The ASCV can only accept the final net proceeds from a third party event.
9. A minimum of 10% of the net proceeds of the event must be donated to the ASCV. All proceeds from the event should be turned in to the ASCV within 30 days of the event. If this deadline can’t be met, please contact the ASCV within 30 days of the event.
Reminder: Please do not move forward with your plans until you have submitted your proposal and been notified of our decision. Please direct all questions to [email protected]. We will notify you if and when your proposal has been accepted.
Thank you for your support of the ASCV! To register your Third Party Fundraiser, please click the button below: